Windy, cold day today. Quite a shift from yesterday’s 70° loveliness. That’s okay. I stayed busy all week and all weekend. Today, for example:
- 0645-0800 – Start laundry, start coffee, then patching a set of production linux systems
- 0800-0845 – Walk dog, breakfast
- 0845-1030 – Shopping, food organization
- 10:30-1200 – Email, patching another set of production linux systems
- 1200-1300 – Walk dog, lunch
- 1300-1400 – Roast coffee (an Ethiopian SO bean from Sweet Maria’s)
- 1400-1600 – Putter about, relax for a couple of hours
- 1600-1800 – Cooking
- 1800-1845 – Feed and walk dog
- 1845-2000 – Dinner, make bed, email, blog time…
Marcia is doing great. She’s done with the cane, mostly. She did most of the laundry work today, other than the “carry bits up and down the stairs” part. Strength is going up, pain is going down, and she’s weening off the last of the heavy pain killers in the next couple of days. Next up: Driving!
We enjoyed watching the first episode of Amazon’s new car show: The Grand Tour this week! I’d missed having those blokes doing new, fun things with cars. Sorry, BBC – your B-Team isn’t nearly good enough!
* * *
Our condolences to the families and friends of these fallen warriors:
- Sgt. John W. Perry, 30, of Stockton, California, died on Nov. 12 of injuries sustained from an improvised explosive device in Bagram, Afghanistan.
- Pfc. Tyler R. Iubelt, 20, of Tamaroa, Illinois, died on Nov. 12 of injuries sustained from an improvised explosive device in Bagram, Afghanistan.